This project was unique, as the RSL remained operational throughout the construction and demolition works, which required careful planning and consideration for patrons and local stakeholders.
The works completed include:
- Internal strip out of areas within an operation club including kitchen areas, restrooms, cool rooms, entry foyers and alfresco areas
- Structural demolition of facade panels including removal of precast panels, structural steel framing and existing flooring
- Removal of all services within the existing ceiling space
- Removal of existing roof and associated structure
- Excavation and removal of an onsite Detention Tank and associated detailed footings, which was undertaken with equipment suitable to operate with limited headroom
- Installation of 900mm diameter bored piles within the existing carpark, with limited headroom access equipment and concrete trucks.